www.flickr.com
Midwest Rally Media's items Go to Midwest Rally Media's photostream

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tax Brake RallyX

By: Adam Schreiner

Hello everyone!
Some of you may be asking yourselves, where have the updates been!? I've been asking this myself. I took a two month hiatus. New job has me relocated, and has been making it difficult to cover events. I did make it home to cover the SCCA Land 'O Lakes RallyX!

Cannon Falls, Minnesota was the location of the Tax Brake RallyX. This rally was about as rock solid as they come. It was a great turnout, great competition. The weather was fair, party cloudy, winds at 5-10mph. At times very windy, with a temp around 55 degrees. The mood of the day was energetic! Most of the competitors are Minnesota residents, the warm spring breeze was keeping people in high spirits! 80% of the snow from the winter months had melted, leaving the track muddy underneath a few inches of tacky top soil that the warm sun had created. Course changes had to be made mid day due to the mud. Surprisingly, after ruts were created, the mud below was sticky, but very thick. Causing cars to, at times get too much traction. In some cases it was ballet on two wheels!

Here I have a photo I captured from the event. Be sure to click the image to visit the Flickr Gallery posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment